Play online as a trainer of Pokemon, and challenge opponents following the same rules and roughly has the same features of the games traditional, made face-to-face. Once registered on the site and activated your account, you can start to play freely.
As with every challenge, you must always pay attention to the Pokemon put in the game, with special cards for its own and of the opponent, to study an appropriate strategy, and relying on a bit of luck.
Each coach builds his or her own deck with Pokemon base, evolution, in addition to the energy cards, special cards, common or rare: during the game can have 60 cards, no more, no less. Have a good bouquet, well-balanced, it becomes the first step for a match full of emotions.
The phase called set-up, at the beginning of the game, serves to organize the location of the game and distribute the cards, which will have the following available:
– on the left side of the six prize cards, taking one hand hand you put k.or. the Pokemon of the opponent;
– centrally to the bench, where you have up to five Pokemon, and over the space of real game in which to place the active Pokémon for combat;
– on the right in the top of the special cards like trainer cards when they are used; next, the deck from which to take the new cards; below, on the right, the discard pile;
– in the lower part of the platform, in the foreground, there will be the cards of their hand. It is enough to click on a card and put it in the game or once you set it down on a particular point of it to trigger an action.
Before the start of the fight, in the first stage of the game (the setting), once you’ve taken the 7 cards in the hand (just click on the deck and these will be distributed automatically, you can choose the team of Pokemon to bring out, based on the cards you have in hand (without knowing the intentions of the opponent!).
If, in the first hand there are Pokemon available, you can take the other 7 cards (discarding the first) in which to choose their team (but for this gap you need to leave the turn to the opponent, who will be able to take an extra card from their deck).
You have made this transaction, by clicking again on the deck to be dealt the 6 prize cards that will be staying in the box.
The game: The first round
Once you have deployed your cards on the table, pulling the coin to see who goes first, and the Pokemon placed the first face down to be revealed. At this point it is possible, on the basis of the choices of the opponent to improve their strategy. In fact, we need to pay close attention to the type of Pokemon that you decide to fight, and those who are on the bench, the weaknesses and the strengths of each.
There are nine types of Pokemon: Lightning, Water, Grass, Fire, Psyche, Fighting, Darkness, Metal and Colorless. They are related to the relative energy to perform attacks, and can suffer additional damage if they have weaknesses to a certain type of Pokemon, such as Pokemon Fire-type often have weak points towards the Pokemon Water-type, which, in turn, can have weak points towards the Pokemon Grass-type. The same way some Pokemon have more resistance to blows, that is, suffer a number of damages than that stated during the attack: for example, the Pokemon Larvitar, Fighting-type, has a resistance -20 on the Pokemon-type Fastener, that is, if he is attacked by one of these and the damage is 40, the counters will only be two (and then 20 life points and not 40) because the resistance has absorbed the other two.
In the first round, no player is allowed to evolve your Pokemon, or play Trainer cards, Supporter, or Stadium. But before the attack (the last phase of your turn), you can:
– assign an energy card (Lightning, Water, Grass, Fire, Psyche, Fighting, Darkness, Metal);
– put another Pokemon on the bench (indeed, it is not mandatory to put them down all in the set-up phase, even if we can never exceed the number of 5);
– withdraw the Pokemon active (by checking the retreat cost, which can decay some of the energy cards, which will thus end up in the discard pile or be free of charge) on the basis of what he has put into the game the opponent;
– use the Poke-Power, usually only once per turn (obviously before the attack).
The Poke-Bodyinstead of Poke-Power, are always active on their Pokemon, and on those of the opponent, creating favorable conditions for some actions (such as the Poke-Body of Dodrio, Pokemon colorless, makes it easier to withdrawn because this reduces the cost of this for all the Pokemon the assets of two energy cards of any type).
The attack closes the session and is the most important time to put into practice your strategy. Each Pokemon for this is to have energy cards combined because his attack is valid, as described on the card (but you must keep in mind that you can only play one energy card at a time!).
Once you have completed the attack, the paper energy is related to Pokemon and not it is put in the discard pile, then the next turn you can increase the value of your Pokemon and if you have the right cards to do it even evolve. Immediately after the attack shows the damage suffered by the Pokemon the opponent (depending also on the characteristics of strength or weakness) and if the damages are higher than the life points the Pokemon is k.or.: this means that you will end up with all the cards related to it in the discard pile and will earn you a Prize card for the attacker.
During the attacks some of the Pokemon, in addition to damage, can also produce of the special conditions, which in any way bind or block some actions of the Pokemon of the opponent. Hence, there are five special conditions:
– poisoned, which is marked by a token green;
– burned, with an additional burn-in;
– asleep, the card is turned on the left side;
– paralyzed, the card is turned up on the right side;
– confused, the card of the Pokemon is turned upside down.
You can create the circumstances in which the more special conditions affecting the same Pokemon: a Pokemon can be frozen that burned, but it can’t be both asleep that paralyzed: the one or the other, and has always the last condition to be imposed. One can get rid of the special condition by moving the Pokemon to the bench, making to evolve the Pokemon, or using some of the trainer cards specifications (such as paper, Total Recovery can remove all special conditions from your active Pokémon). However, if the Pokemon is asleep or paralyzed can not be withdrawn, nor can attack. One should, therefore, wisely use the trainer cards (remembering that for all the first round it is not possible to use them) and leave them to the true needs.
The game: the next turns
Finished the first round you will therefore be able to benefit from the Trainer cards, Supporter, or Stadium, that can help in moments of difficulty or to further enhance the power of their Pokemon.
The game is now in full flow, with Pokemon in phase 1 or 2 (depending on the type of evolution), energy cards to compensate for attacks, trainer cards to use to improve or take a few Pokemon, and Prize cards to recover.
But the game must have an end, in fact, because a coach wins, you must check one of the following three conditions:
– put k.or. the last Pokemon of the opponent, without that there are others on the bench;
– take all six prize cards available on the table (their own, not those of the enemy);
– meet the opponent has no more cards to take from your deck.
In the challenge of the online trading card game, Pokemon in this way, a series of call-and-response with attacks more and more powerful and strategies increasingly studied will decide each time the better coach.